Friday, May 23, 2014

I Got a Job!

In 6 weeks and 3 days (not that I'm counting) :) I will start my first day of my first year of teaching. Woah. That is crazy! Earlier this week I was offered an opening for a 1st grade classroom and I gladly accepted. I am so excited but so incredibly nervous at the same time. I'm not really sure I know what I am doing. I just finished my credential program in California and my new job is in Arizona. I learned a lot in my program but one thing they didn't teach us was what to do the first week.. or even the FIRST DAY!

Am I ready for this? Am I prepared for my own classroom? Can I teach them to read? Can I get through day 1 without it being a disaster?? I hope this stress and doubt is normal for every first year teacher. Is it? Did any of you feel this way your first year? Any advice you can offer?

Also, my new school uses Whole Brain Teaching. Anyone familiar with this method? Do you like it? Do you hate it? Pros? Cons? I am all ears for anyone who has any advice, information, anything.. so please, comment away!!

I hope you follow me on this journey and I welcome any thing you have to offer!!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment